Notre Dame de Chartres Cathedral
- Classified by UNESCO as “the finest and most authentic example of gothic art”.
- An important destination for pilgrims who come to venerate the Virgin Mary.
- One of the oldest and largest labyrinths in France.
- Notre Dame de la Belle Verrière (“Our Lady of the Lovely Window”) and its famous translucent “Chartres blue”, stained glass whose composition remains a secret.
- A coronation, a kingdom, Henri IV and freedom of religion.
Tour 1: Classic Tour 2hrs
Follow your guide through one of the oldest cathedrals in France and walk in the footsteps of the compagnons bâtisseurs, a union of medieval builders. Learn about their craftsmanship and feel the spirituality of this sanctuary with a singular iconography.
Daily from 8:30 a.m. to 7:30 p.m.
May 31 to September 6: open to 10 p.m. on Tuesday, Friday, and Sunday
Shop and vending stalls