- The successive wonders of a palace spanning centuries and revolutions – a symbol of France’s old monarchy now a museum of the history of France.
- The sun, the stars, and mythological divinities: art at the service of the King’s posterity.
- The scheming and diplomacy of the royal court, the duties of the nobility, and tempestuous events in history.
- The queens of France, the King’s mistresses: a touch of the refined in French salons and gardens.
- The engineering marvel that is the machine de Marly: fountains, basins, mirrors and cascades.
Tour 1: Classic Tour 2hrs
While exploring the grand private apartments of the King and Queen, the splendors of the Hall of Mirrors, and the enchanted gardens with your guide, you will learn all about the transformation of a simple countryside château into a grand palace – an expression of Louis XIV’s absolute power and a symbol of France’s prestige.
The Château: daily except Monday, from 9 a.m. to 6:30 p.m. (low season closing at 5:30 p.m.)
The Châteaux de Trianon and Marie-Antoinette’s estate: daily except Monday, from 12 noon to 6:30 p.m.
Garden: daily from 8 a.m. to 8:30 p.m. (low season closing at 6 p.m.)
Direct, no-lines access: reservation required for groups